First things first. A pot of dark roast is prepared. Then...
I actively participate in two on-line forums. One is about rifles and is called Scoutrifle.org. The other is the comments section (actually a Discus forum) below the UK radio show and podcast Unbelievable.
I strive not to spend too much time on Twitter and Facebook, which I find much easier without the apps on my phone. Still, I frequently fail. Those "likes" are addictive...
When I'm out and about on my own, especially driving, I try to keep up with about a dozen podcasts:
- Astronomy Cast - Frasier Cane and Dr. Pamela L. Gay take us on a weekly "a fact-based journey through the cosmos"
- The Deconstructionists - John Williamson and Adam Narloch wrestle with their religious belief
- Escape Pod - Science Fiction short stories
- Ideas from CBC Radio - Paul Kennedy hosts a thoughtful examination of "social issues, culture and the arts, geopolitics, history, biography, science and technology, and the humanities."
- Monstertalk - Monsters and the paranormal in popular media
- On Being - Krista Tippett “thoughtfully delving into the mysteries of human existence."
- On The Media - Meta-analyis of home the media covers the news
- Point of Inquiry - Science, religion, and politics
- Quackcast - Mark Crisp, MD, on Supplements, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, or as he calls it, SCAMs.
- Rationally Speaking - Exploring "the borderlands between reason and nonsense, likely and unlikely, science and pseudoscience."
- Reasonable Faith - William Lane Craig discusses his view of evangelical Christianity
- Skeptoid - "Critical Analysis of Pop Phenomena"
- Spark My Muse - "Fuel for the human journey" by Lisa Delay
- Unbelievable - Debate between Christians and non-Christians
- You Are Not So Smart - The impact of human cognition on critical thinking