Here in Groom Creek, at 6,270 feet elevation, south of Prescott, AZ, the ground is white, the sky is blue, and the forest smells of Ponderosa Pine. I have no end of work to do on the house*. Same goes for work, where there is a lifetime supply of challenges. My social life has nowhere to go but up. May you enjoy a pleasant New Year Year and a productive 2015. Time for a walk in the woods...
* Planned home improvement projects include:
- Install an insulated metal roof. 
- Replace gutters in front. [removed instead]
- Install gutters in back. [may not]
- Insulate the floor under the crawlspace.
- Replace the single pane glass with double pane windows. [DONE]
- Replace the ugly pink scalloped pavers with large river rounded cobbles. [DONE]
- Spread several yards of decomposed granite in strategic and cosmetic locations. [DONE]
- Plant some spreading flowering vines on the fence.
- Trim up or prune the trees and shrubs come Spring. [DONE]
- Replace the broiler-looking heater in the bathroom with something safer.
- Replace a couple posts on the deck. [need to replace entire railing - 2016]
- Give the deck planks TLC as needed. [IN PROCESS]
- Rebuild the stone steps from the front drive to the front yard.
- Relocate the chandelier in the dining area (just a foot to the west).
- Remove the sink from the den (no one else knows why it's there either). [DONE]
- Get more bookshelves. [DONE]
Unless I start playing Lotto, and then win big, the following may have to wait until 2016:
- Refinish and re-caulk the exterior. [IN PROCESS]
- Replace carpeting.
- Remodel the bathroom so that is actually has some room.
- Put a wood floor in the bathroom.
- Build a flagstone area in front of the fireplace.
- Install riprap along the front of the property to reduce erosion.