Saturday, August 6, 2016

Someone Stop Me

Before I buy again...


I only half needed to go to the grocery store, which is across the parking lot from The Purple Cat used book store. The lure is usually irresistible, but I rarely get there before the 5:00 pm closing time.  I alway enter looking only for a paperback copy of The Keep, by F. Paul Wilson.  I always leave without it and, on average, three to five other volumes I didn't know I needed until I saw them.  This time the haul was as follows:

Red Phoenix: The Rise of Soviet Air Power, 1941-1945, by Von Hardesty

Silent Victory: The U.S. Submarine War Against Japan, by Clay Blair, Jr. [UPDATE: Oops, only the 2nd of two volumes...]

The Outline of History, Volume I, by H.G. Wells, which I already had a copy of.

The Outline of History, Volume II, by H.G. Wells, which I did not. Now I own matched set, and a spare copy of Volume I.

No comments:

Post a Comment