Saturday, September 1, 2012

How About You?

What books have you read more than once? 


An interesting quote of the day from GoodReads has got me thinking.

“If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads, but what he rereads.” - François Mauriac

According to my best recollections at my GoodReads account I've read something like a thousand books.  Among them I've read the following more than once:


* Okay, the books we read the kids may be a cheat, but these are among the better ones and we read them many, many times.

There are probably a couple others; I'll think on it. 

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting list. I'll have to try some of your re-reads. I'm pretty sure I've read the following more than once. (sorry, too lazy to do links until I find a really easy method)

    * The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien

    * Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein

    * The Godwulf Manuscript, by Robert B. Parker

    * Double Star, by Robert A. Heinlein

    * Early Autumn, by Robert B. Parker

    * Gateway, by Frederik Pohl

    Multiple others by Robert B. Parker and Robert A. Heinlein.

    Most books on my to-re-read list are there not because I think they're such great books but because I read them so long ago and recall enjoying them. I just don't recall much more than that and I want to enjoy them anew. It's also interesting to see if they hold up today. Gateway, for instance did not hold up well.
    I'll continue with Parker's Spenser series as well as more of Heinlein. There are still a few of Heinlein's that I seem to have missed altogether. I'm constantly on the lookout for
    Carson McCuller's The Heart is a Lonely Hunter in used bookstores. I read that in high school and that's really high on my re-read list. I really should expand to more non-fiction as I've got many interesting books in my library.


    ReplyDelete