Thursday, June 24, 2010

Security Leadership Research

I'm getting a lot of support and many useful research leads from my peers directly via email and indirectly by way of LinkedIn groups.  There seems to be a lot of interest in this topic...

image from wikimedia commons

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm working on my Master of Arts in Human Development, concentrating on issues of ethics, leadership, team-building, and problem-solving. For an independent study this summer I'm researching the literature for examples of principled security leadership. My question is whether a positive, proactive leadership approach that centers on business success more productive (and perceived by executives as more productive) than pursuing regulatory compliance or giving in to fearmongering?

There is a marked lack of leadership literature specifically about the security profession, but I continue the search.  Some of the recommended references include:

Books directly linked to my topic...

Handbook of Leadership Theory and Practice

Shackleton's Way

The first 90 days : critical success strategies for new leaders at all levels

Leadership That Gets Results

Less directly...

The Black Swan

Freakonomics

The Resilient Enterprise

Websites...

Security Executive Council

The Leadership Challenge

Please keep your cards and letters coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment