Friday, March 14, 2014

A Used Bookstore in Prescott!

I found a new favorite place to hang out...



Paperback City 3196 Willow Creek Rd, Ste A104, Prescott, AZ 86301 (928) 445-2299. It's a cozy little storefront joint, just across the parking lot from where I buy my groceries but I had not noticed it until now. It's no Half Price Books I guess, but then Prescott is no Apple Valley neither. I felt right at home and bought two books: Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss and an old volume on Teilhard de Chardin. I didn't have time to browse the Science Fiction aisle so I'll be back.  I know it's pretty nerdy to love hanging out in bookstores but it's safer, cheaper, and quieter than hanging out on Whisky Row.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the area of Prescott in my travels of Arizona, saw the biggest BobCat right at the entrance to FANN Contracting, he was crossing the end of the driveway at the creek there... much wildlife to be seen. Stop into Bearizona sometime near Williams, fun day! Also, get over to Payson and the Mogollon Rim. If you have a full tank of gas and aren't afraid of getting hit by Elk, take a drive on gravel road 300 following the rim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: A Dictionary of Modern English Usage (Fowler- written for the Edwardian era- things have degraded since then), The Elements of Style (Strunk and White), and Politics and the English Language (Orwell- vital for writing in a large organization).

    ReplyDelete